This policy covers all users of the ConferenceBadges.co.uk website and customers of Conference Badges Ltd. This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website users and/or customers.
It is not necessary to register in order to gain access to the searching facilities of the site, but we may restrict access to certain areas as set out in our information about cookie preferences. The ConferenceBadges.co.uk website is operated by Conference Badges Ltd. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you are using our online services. Access to the ConferenceBadges.co.uk website is free of charge to all users.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR DATA
The personal information we collect:
- Within our online order, quote request and contact forms, we ask you for personal information such as, your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, contact numbers, payment information (such as credit card details), which identifies you and enables us to communicate with you.
- We may ask you to tell us your interests, or information about you, so that we can make our communications relevant and interesting. You can choose whether to supply this information or not.
- We and our third party advertisers may also collect other information about you when you visit our website, such as, your IP address, details of the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, your browser type, where on the internet you came from, pages you visited on our website and adverts that you clicked on, including, any search terms you entered.
- Within certain pages of our web sites you may post information such as comments and reviews. By doing so you elect to allow the personally identifiable information you post to be available to others.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To send updates regarding the status of your orders
- To process your order
- To improve our website
- To understand the interests and buying behaviour of our users
- If you give us credit card information, we use it to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We use third-party service providers to manage credit card processing.
- To help guide other users to content or products that may be relevant to them, based on similar online activity or demographics to your own
- We monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and telephone conversations. Information collected may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about the products/services in which you're interested, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
- We sometimes use other companies to provide services to you or to provide services to us. To enable them to do this, we may need to share your personal information with them. When we do so, these companies are required to act in accordance with the instructions we give them and they must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act to keep information secure. From 25 May 2018 they must also meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
USE OF YOUR DATA
- We will not rent or sell your personal data to others.
- If you consent, we will occasionally send you newsletters and details of offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time using a link provided in the email or by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
- If you request a credit account with Conference Badges Ltd then we will carry out credit-checking enquiries about you with Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs). To do this we will provide some of your information to credit reference agencies. When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a footprint on your file that may be seen by other organisations.
You can request to review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and current by contacting us at [email protected] You may also change your marketing/communications preferences in the same way. Please note however that if you opt out of receiving marketing material you may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your change is being processed.
You have the right to ask us what personal data we hold about you. Please contact our customer service team for full details on how to make such a request at [email protected]
We take appropriate technical and organisation security measures to protect your personal information and ensure that it is processed fairly and lawfully. ConferenceBadges.co.uk uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including firewalls and encrypted transfer of data using Secure Socket Layers. We do not transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area except for processing purposes and only to organisations covered by the Privacy Shield framework. We may store your personal data in locations not directly under our control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
Our website creates multiple cookies on your device which contain session and state information. The information within these cookies does not include any personal or financial information. Our website requires cookies to be enabled in the web browser and in any third party security programs to allow tasks such as registering, logging in, buying items or accessing accounts. Please be aware that should cookies be disabled or blocked by third party software, many of our website's features will be impaired or unavailable.
Other companies which advertise or offer their products or services on our website may also allocate cookies to your device. The types of cookies they use and how they use the information generated by them will be governed by their own privacy policies and not ours.
By using the ConferenceBadges.co.uk website you agree to ConferenceBadges.co.uk using cookies.
We employ a technology called clear gifs (also known as Web Beacons/Web Bugs), which help us better manage our website by informing us what content is viewed by its users. The gifs are very small graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online behaviours of Web users. Clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages or in emails, and are about the size of the full stop. We use clear gifs in our emails to let us know which emails have been opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of communications and marketing campaigns. We link the information gathered from these to our customers’ Personal Information. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see the section above titled “Your rights”.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you purchase any goods or services from Conference Badges Ltd we retain your personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a sales transaction, a return, or some other interaction with ConferenceBadges.co.uk via our Customer Services team or our online forms). This is because we may need to access historical information for business reporting purposes. Please note however, that at any point in time you may opt in or out of marketing communications by contacting us at [email protected]
- Ourk website is not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 16 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
Changes to this Policy
Scope of this Policy
Data Protection Officer
Unit 1, Parc House
25-27 Cowleaze Road