Terms And Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all products and services provided by ConferenceBadges.co.uk (CB) a trading name of Conference Badges Ltd, Registered in England. Company No. 8526806.
- Quotations are provided based upon CB’s understanding of the customer’s requirements and the current costs of production; all quotations are normally valid for a period of 30 days unless otherwise advised by CB in writing. CB must also be informed in writing of any special requirements or specification for which the Products and/or Services are to be used when placing the order.
- CB will make every effort to avoid price changes; although all prices are subject to amendment until confirmation of requirements and placement of order by the customer.
- CB’s badge printing turnaround time begins once the proof has been approved and all required digital assets have been provided by the customer. For badge printing that also requires personalisation, or other value added steps that require additional files to be provided, the turnaround time begins when those files are complete and correct. Rush orders are possible but are subject to agreement with CB and a 25% surcharge.
Specifications and acceptance of proof
- Guidelines and specifications for submitting artwork are located on our web site at ConferenceBadges.co.uk. The first two proofs from artwork submitted to guidelines are at no extra charge. If after two proofs additional changes are requested to the artwork and/or text submitted, an additional £20.00 per proof thereafter will be charged.
- CB will manage the production process to ensure customer satisfaction, although the customer shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of all information and data provided to CB.
- In the event of badge personalisation all fonts, personalised data (i.e. delegate name, company name, position/tiles, breakout group etc.), sizes and ratios need to be communicated to CB, especially in respect of bar-coding requirements. All personalisation data needs to be checked by the client prior to submission.
- An electronic proof is produced and used to simulate how the printed product will look. Because of the differences in display equipment, printing equipment, material colour, ink and other conditions between colour proofing and production, a reasonable variation in colour between colour proofs and the completed job is considered acceptable.
- CB will normally request approval of the electronic proof before work begins on any given project. In the event that the customer is not able to provide written approval, or CB is not able to provide an electronic proof and printing must proceed to meet customer deadlines, the customer undertakes responsibility for any errors in the finished product.
- Please note that if the order is a re-print and requires an exact colour match to a previous order, the customer will be required to supply an actual card as a sample to ensure a satisfactory colour match can be achieved.
- When hiring equipment the customer accepts the terms of the Hire Agreement and agrees to follow the terms and conditions outlined in the agreement. Delivery and collection will be arranged by CB unless alternative arrangements are agreed. Goods are delivered and collected by courier service. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the equipment and or accessories are supplied to the correct courier.
- The equipment supplied on hire by CB shall be fit to perform the intended purpose and the customer admits that he has had an opportunity to examine the equipment within two hours of accepting delivery and therefore accepts that the equipment supplied is in good working order. In the event of a fault the customer must notify CB immediately who will attempt to rectify the issue by telephone if possible, or alternatively repair or replace the defective equipment as soon as is practically possible (subject to availability).
- By requesting CB to provide services and by supplying personal data to CB, the customer indicates agreement with CB's Data Processing Agreement (DPA), except in cases where a separate DPA has been agreed and signed.
- By supplying personal data to CB, the customer warrants that they are the Data Controller or an authorised Data Processor for the data, as defined by the European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and that the customer has obtained the relevant permissions to enable CB to process the data.
- The customer shall retain ownership of all copyright of data submitted, but will grant CB a royalty-free, non-terminable license to use in order to fulfil the requirements of client’s orders.
- CB warrants that all customer information provided in the placement and fulfilment of orders will be retained by CB in a secure environment and information will not be provided to third parties except as required for the provision of the services for which CB has been engaged by the customer.
- Unless expressly requested not to do so by the customer, CB reserves the right to use any artwork images from completed orders to promote itself and its services.
- The customer shall be fully responsible for obtaining the necessary approvals to enable CB to reproduce all images and artwork it supplies, and shall indemnify CB against any third party claims associated with the use of such images. CB will not provide customers with any products which may be of an illegal or libellous nature or a potential infringement of the proprietary rights of any third party.
- Use of all logos, names, images and trademarks belonging to CB is not permitted without prior written permission from CB.
- CB warrants only that the work will conform to the description contained in the agreement upon order. CB’s maximum liability whether by negligence, contract or otherwise, will under no circumstances exceed the total value of the order. Under no circumstances will CB be liable for consequential damages.
- CB endeavour to ensure that any Goods purchased through Conferencebadges.co.uk are of satisfactory quality. CB accepts no liability for any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- All reasonable efforts shall be made by CB to produce badges of high quality however variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted by the customer that imperfections are considered acceptable as long as they are within tolerance. Samples are available upon request.
Price and Payment
- CB has a minimum order value which is £25 ex. VAT and delivery. Orders falling below this threshold are subject to an additional processing fee of £3.50 ex VAT.
- The price of any of the Goods will be quoted on our website. These prices are exclusive of VAT and delivery costs. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a dispatch confirmation.
- Payment will be taken at the time the customer’s order is received, once CB has checked the card details and availability of Goods and/or materials to meet your specifications. In the event that we are unable to supply the Goods, we will inform you as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid.
- Credit terms can be established with CB’s accounting department. Without an established account, we will request advance payment via debit or credit card, bank transfer or cheques by post. If credit terms are extended and the payment is not made, the customer is responsible for any collection fees, including reasonable solicitor’s fees incurred in obtaining full payment and reasonable interest fees.
- All goods will remain property of CB until payment has been agreed. Once despatched the goods will be the responsibility of the customer and unless prior notice is give to CB, the person placing the order or signing for the goods on your behalf will be deemed authorised to do so.
- CB will endeavour to dispatch your goods purchased from CB’s web site the same day when ordered by 2pm. All Goods will be dispatched using our standard service unless otherwise requested by the customer on your order. Please see the checkout page for pricing of the delivery services we offer.
Please note that despatch can be affected by delays to approving your payment by the payment services provider. While this is only the case with the minority of orders, we suggest ordering as early as possible in the day to reduce the risk of delays to your order.
- It is the customer's responsibility to provide accurate and complete information of their delivery requirements, so these can be properly achieved. Individual and special delivery requirements can be accommodated, although may incur additional courier charges which will be passed on to the customer.
- In the event that the customer is unable to receive delivery at the specified address when attempted by the courier within the agreed timescales, delivery will deem to have been completed at that point and it is the customer's responsibility to make revised delivery or collection arrangements with the courier.
- CB cannot be held responsible for any delays or additional costs associated with re-deliveries.
- Delivery lead-times for all printed badges will be as stated on the CB quotation and are subject to sight of artwork and customer approval of proofs. CB will make every effort to ensure that all work is satisfactorily completed and successfully delivered within these timescales.
Cancellations and Returns
- Printed badge orders may be cancelled prior to production or during production but the client will be billed and/or charged for time and materials at CB’s current rates. If cancellation is not made until after production has started, the Customer shall be liable for the full price as quoted for the items.
- Cancellation of rental items can be made without cost to the Customer if CB is notified in writing 45 days or more prior to the dispatch date agreed when the order was confirmed. If less than 45 days notice of cancellation is provided whether for an entire order or part of an order, or if the Customer requests a postponement to the rental period, the Customer will be liable to CB for costs as indicated in the table in this clause unless otherwise agreed in writing by CB. Where a percentage of the equipment hire order value is shown in the table below, this percentage is relative to the cost of the line item in the last quote provided by CB prior to written notice of cancellation or postponement being received.
Notice given Percentage of order value payable on cancellation 45 days or more 0% 21 to 44 days 60% Less than 21 days 100%
- Cancellation of CB’s onsite support services can be made without cost to the Customer if CB is notified in writing 60 days or more prior to the despatch date agreed when the order was confirmed. If less than 60 days and more than 21 days notice is provided, the Customer will be liable for 50% of onsite support costs. If less than 21 days notice is provided, the Customer will be liable for 100% of onsite support costs as per CB's quotation to the Customer.
- The Customer shall be liable for the full cost of any items which have already been manufactured specifically to the Customer’s design or specification, or paid for in advance by CB, including but not limited to travel and accommodation costs.
- Following cancellation of items, CB reserve the right to issue an invoice for the cancellation charges. The terms of payment will be the same as those specified in CB’s most recent quotation for the order.
- All goods purchased from CB that are not suitable for customer use must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of the materials. CB will accept the return of non faulty goods returned within 7 days of you receiving them, where the goods are returned in their original packaging and in a re-saleable condition. Whether goods are considered re-saleable is at the discretion of the CB. The cost of returning non faulty goods must be borne by the Customer. Any goods returned after 7 days will not be entitled to any refund.
- A 25% restocking fee will be charged for authorized return of non-faulty goods. Credit will only be issued when it is determined by CB that the returned merchandise is resalable.
- Claims for defects, damages, or shortages must be made by the customer in writing no later than 48 hours after delivery. If no such claim is made, CB and the customer will understand that the job has been accepted. By accepting the job, the client acknowledges that CB‘s performance has fully satisfied all terms, conditions and specifications.
- Goods returned by the customer because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you.
Events out of our control
- CB will not accept any liability if it is unable to meet its obligations to the customer for any reason outside its control including (but not limited to); acts of God / natural disasters, governmental legislation, war, power failures, industrial action by agents & third parties.
- In the event of such an occurrence, CB will use its best endeavours to satisfy the delivery requirements as soon as it is able, although the customer will have the option to terminate the contract and pay for work completed and costs incurred by CB until that point.
Jurisdiction and Changes
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with current English legislation.